Information / Local Links
Corona Virus Isolation - For a List of Volunteers who are willing to help you with Shopping or collecting prescriptions etc. please go to the 'Community News' page.
The next scheduled Parish Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday 25th January 2022 in the Village Hall, starting at 8.00pm. Any prevailing Covid 19 regulations will apply.
'Mollington Matters' Newsletter for more local topics
Mollington Village Hall
Mollington is a village about 5 miles north of Banbury Cross in North Oxfordshire; there is a Church, one Public House, a Village Hall and two playgrounds.
Mollington covers an area of approximately 2 square miles, has about 220 dwellings and just over 400 electors. It is the only settlement in the ancient parish of Cropredy which is mentioned in a reliable source before 1086; it was shown as given by will in 1015. The name means Molls Farm.
The village public house, The Green Man, dates back to the 16th Century and has a very low beam in one area which is less than 5 feet from the floor.
The earliest parts of the ‘Church of England Parish Church of All Saints’ date from the 14th century, but the font is 13th century, so there may have been an earlier church building on the site. The Church now consists of a chancel, nave, north aisle, a south porch from the 14th century, and the West Tower from about 1500. The Gothic Revival Architect William White restored All Saints in 1856.
Vicar: Rev’d Hilary Campbell, The Vicarage, High Street, Cropredy OX17 1NG. 01295 750980